SAD(A) youth wing president, wife arrested
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): The district
president of Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) youth wing Kuldeep
Singh and his wife were on Friday arrested in connection with
The action was taken on a complaint by Jasvir Singh, a
resident of the same village, that the couple had cheated him
by "deliberately solemnising" his marriage with a woman, who
had already married and had a child. He claimed that he had to
spent Rs 70000 as expenses in connection with the marriage.
He further said in the complaint that days after his
"marriage" with Labpreet Kaur, a resident of Mathura Colony,
Patiala, on May 5, 2010, she demanded Rs 2 lakh from him.
Kuldeep Singh and Jasvir Kaur forced him to meet the
demand saying his "wife" wanted to buy ornaments as she had to
visit his sister`s home, police said.
The complainant claimed he had given the money and his
"wife" had gone to her sister`s house but never returned
despite his attempt to bring her back.
After receiving the complaint, Inspector Devinder Singh
of Khera police station inquired the case and submitted a
report to his senior officers. Then the Fatehgarh Sahib SSP
directed the Badali Aala Singh SHO to register a case against
Police arrested Kuldeep Singh, Jasvir Kaur and Labhpreet
and the trio were presented before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him