SAD(A) youth wing president, wife arrested
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): The district
president of Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) youth wing Kuldeep
Singh and his wife were on Friday arrested in connection with
The action was taken on a complaint by Jasvir Singh, a
resident of the same village, that the couple had cheated him
by "deliberately solemnising" his marriage with a woman, who
had already married and had a child. He claimed that he had to
spent Rs 70000 as expenses in connection with the marriage.
He further said in the complaint that days after his
"marriage" with Labpreet Kaur, a resident of Mathura Colony,
Patiala, on May 5, 2010, she demanded Rs 2 lakh from him.
Kuldeep Singh and Jasvir Kaur forced him to meet the
demand saying his "wife" wanted to buy ornaments as she had to
visit his sister`s home, police said.
The complainant claimed he had given the money and his
"wife" had gone to her sister`s house but never returned
despite his attempt to bring her back.
After receiving the complaint, Inspector Devinder Singh
of Khera police station inquired the case and submitted a
report to his senior officers. Then the Fatehgarh Sahib SSP
directed the Badali Aala Singh SHO to register a case against
Police arrested Kuldeep Singh, Jasvir Kaur and Labhpreet
and the trio were presented before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA