SAD`s Harsimrat Kaur files nomination from Bathinda seat
Bathinda: Sitting SAD MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal today filed her nomination papers from the Bathinda Lok Sabha seat.
Flanked by party patron and Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Deputy Chief Minister and husband Sukhbir Singh Badal and Rajya Sabha Member Balwinder Singh Bhunder, Harsimrat filed the papers with Additional Deputy Commissioner Rajiv Prashar.
Harsimrat`s brother and Cabinet Minister Bikarm Singh Majithia filed papers as the covering candidate.
She declared her gross total value in the form of cash, vehicle and jewellery as Rs 12,02,48,174, her husband`s as Rs 34,68,99,324 of her son Anantbir Singh`s as Rs 27,787.
Besides, the value of immovable commercial properties, including agricultural land and showrooms, in the name of her husband is Rs 9,49,40,000. She also declared Rs 3,84,20,000 worth residential properties.
Parkash Singh Badal expressed confidence that Harsimrat would win the seat with a margin of over 1 lakh votes.
On her rival Manpreet Singh Badal, who is in the fray on Congress ticket, Badal said he had lost his credibility thus was no challenge to the party.
Referring to Manpreet Singh, Harsimrat said people would completely reject any "defunct" leader of a "defunct" party who was repeatedly changing his stands for his political survival.
She said she was contesting the election on development agenda and would continue to work for eradication of social malices like female foeticide, drug addiction and dowry system from the society, besides her campaign for women empowerment.
Earlier in the day, Harsimrat accompanied by Sukhbir their daughters Harkirat Kaur, Gurleen Kaur and son Anantbir Singh paid obeisance at Takht Sri Damdama Sahib.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata