SAD`s Harsimrat Kaur files nomination from Bathinda seat
Bathinda: Sitting SAD MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal today filed her nomination papers from the Bathinda Lok Sabha seat.
Flanked by party patron and Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Deputy Chief Minister and husband Sukhbir Singh Badal and Rajya Sabha Member Balwinder Singh Bhunder, Harsimrat filed the papers with Additional Deputy Commissioner Rajiv Prashar.
Harsimrat`s brother and Cabinet Minister Bikarm Singh Majithia filed papers as the covering candidate.
She declared her gross total value in the form of cash, vehicle and jewellery as Rs 12,02,48,174, her husband`s as Rs 34,68,99,324 of her son Anantbir Singh`s as Rs 27,787.
Besides, the value of immovable commercial properties, including agricultural land and showrooms, in the name of her husband is Rs 9,49,40,000. She also declared Rs 3,84,20,000 worth residential properties.
Parkash Singh Badal expressed confidence that Harsimrat would win the seat with a margin of over 1 lakh votes.
On her rival Manpreet Singh Badal, who is in the fray on Congress ticket, Badal said he had lost his credibility thus was no challenge to the party.
Referring to Manpreet Singh, Harsimrat said people would completely reject any "defunct" leader of a "defunct" party who was repeatedly changing his stands for his political survival.
She said she was contesting the election on development agenda and would continue to work for eradication of social malices like female foeticide, drug addiction and dowry system from the society, besides her campaign for women empowerment.
Earlier in the day, Harsimrat accompanied by Sukhbir their daughters Harkirat Kaur, Gurleen Kaur and son Anantbir Singh paid obeisance at Takht Sri Damdama Sahib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state