Samjhauta blast: Handa appointed NIA`s Spl PP
Chandigarh: A city-based advocate has been
appointed Special Public Prosecutor of the National
Investigation Agency in the Samjhauta Express blast case.
"Advocate R K Handa has been appointed as the Special
Public Prosecutor of the NIA which has filed the charge sheet
in the Samjhauta Express blast case, the hearing of which will be held in a special court at Panchkula in Haryana next week," an official notification said Friday.
68 people were killed in Delhi-Attari Samjhauta Express
blast on the intervening night of February 18-19, 2007, near
Deewana railway station in Haryana`s Panipat district.
Handa, who was also the CBI counsel in the case relating
to the assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant
Singh, will be assisted by S K Sood as Public Prosecutor and
Rajan Malhotra as Additional Public Prosecutor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!