Sangrur seat to witness triangular contest
Sangrur: Sangrur Lok Sabha seat, in the Malwa heartland of Punjab, is likely to witness triangular contest with Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) announcing Bhagwat Mann as its contestant on Monday.
SAD stalwart Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, a Rajya Sabha MP, and sitting Congress MP Vijay Inder Singla have already intensified their campaigning in the region.
Mann, a comedian known for his satirical comedy, quit People`s Party of Punjab (PPP) following differences with party chief Manpreet Singh Badal over tie-up with Congress for Bathinda seat.
Mann, an alumni of Shaheed Udham Singh college at Sunam, had contested the 2012 elections from Lehra seat as a PPP nominee. He came third, but proved to be a hit with the youth of the area who was attracted by his sarcastic speeches.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India