Sarabjit`s daughter gets police protection
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court
on Wednesday granted police protection to daughter of Sarabjit Singh
in view of her apprehensions of threats to life and liberty in
wake of her inter-caste marriage.
Swanpandeep Kaur, daughter of Sarabjit Singh had married
Sanjay of Panchsheel Avenue, Jalandhar Cantonment on
September 29, 2009 at Gurdwara Mata Sahib Kaur village
Mansurwal Dona in district Kapurthala according to Sikh
Since childhood, she was adopted by Dalbir Kaur sister of
Sarabjit, who has been fighting a virtual battle to secure
pardon for her brother and repatriation to India.
Due to inter-caste angle, the girl`s family members
were reported to be unhappy. It was in this context that
Swapandeep Kaur apprehended trouble and possible threats to
their life and liberty.
Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain today directed district police
chief Tarn Taran to ensure that the life and liberty of
Swapandeep Kaur and her husband is protected.
Sarabjit Singh is jailed in Pakistan`s Kot Lakhpat jail
for his alleged involvement in 1990 serial bomb blasts in
Lahore and Multan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters