Sarabjit`s daughter gets police protection
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court
on Wednesday granted police protection to daughter of Sarabjit Singh
in view of her apprehensions of threats to life and liberty in
wake of her inter-caste marriage.
Swanpandeep Kaur, daughter of Sarabjit Singh had married
Sanjay of Panchsheel Avenue, Jalandhar Cantonment on
September 29, 2009 at Gurdwara Mata Sahib Kaur village
Mansurwal Dona in district Kapurthala according to Sikh
Since childhood, she was adopted by Dalbir Kaur sister of
Sarabjit, who has been fighting a virtual battle to secure
pardon for her brother and repatriation to India.
Due to inter-caste angle, the girl`s family members
were reported to be unhappy. It was in this context that
Swapandeep Kaur apprehended trouble and possible threats to
their life and liberty.
Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain today directed district police
chief Tarn Taran to ensure that the life and liberty of
Swapandeep Kaur and her husband is protected.
Sarabjit Singh is jailed in Pakistan`s Kot Lakhpat jail
for his alleged involvement in 1990 serial bomb blasts in
Lahore and Multan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary