Scams during Congress regime have `Italian connection`: Sukhbir
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday alleged all the scams unearthed during the Congress regime, if properly probed, will have "Italian connections".
Talking to media after addressing a gathering in favour of the SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Paul Jain for the Moga by-poll in Kore Wala Kalan village, Badal drew parallels between the Bofors gun deal scandal and the copter purchase scam.
"If the bribe giver was caught in the Bofors scam, then why not the bribe taker be identified in the copter purchase scam too," Sukhbir said.
"Scams, scandals and corruption have become defining features of the Congress governments and if these are probed properly, they will lead to the Italian connections," he said.
The SAD leader also criticised the Centre`s anti-people policies like decontrolling diesel prices, cut in fertilisers` subsidy, increase in LPG prices and FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?