Scams during Congress regime have `Italian connection`: Sukhbir
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday alleged all the scams unearthed during the Congress regime, if properly probed, will have "Italian connections".
Talking to media after addressing a gathering in favour of the SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Paul Jain for the Moga by-poll in Kore Wala Kalan village, Badal drew parallels between the Bofors gun deal scandal and the copter purchase scam.
"If the bribe giver was caught in the Bofors scam, then why not the bribe taker be identified in the copter purchase scam too," Sukhbir said.
"Scams, scandals and corruption have become defining features of the Congress governments and if these are probed properly, they will lead to the Italian connections," he said.
The SAD leader also criticised the Centre`s anti-people policies like decontrolling diesel prices, cut in fertilisers` subsidy, increase in LPG prices and FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened