Scams during Congress regime have `Italian connection`: Sukhbir
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday alleged all the scams unearthed during the Congress regime, if properly probed, will have "Italian connections".
Talking to media after addressing a gathering in favour of the SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Paul Jain for the Moga by-poll in Kore Wala Kalan village, Badal drew parallels between the Bofors gun deal scandal and the copter purchase scam.
"If the bribe giver was caught in the Bofors scam, then why not the bribe taker be identified in the copter purchase scam too," Sukhbir said.
"Scams, scandals and corruption have become defining features of the Congress governments and if these are probed properly, they will lead to the Italian connections," he said.
The SAD leader also criticised the Centre`s anti-people policies like decontrolling diesel prices, cut in fertilisers` subsidy, increase in LPG prices and FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic