Scams during Congress regime have `Italian connection`: Sukhbir
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday alleged all the scams unearthed during the Congress regime, if properly probed, will have "Italian connections".
Talking to media after addressing a gathering in favour of the SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Paul Jain for the Moga by-poll in Kore Wala Kalan village, Badal drew parallels between the Bofors gun deal scandal and the copter purchase scam.
"If the bribe giver was caught in the Bofors scam, then why not the bribe taker be identified in the copter purchase scam too," Sukhbir said.
"Scams, scandals and corruption have become defining features of the Congress governments and if these are probed properly, they will lead to the Italian connections," he said.
The SAD leader also criticised the Centre`s anti-people policies like decontrolling diesel prices, cut in fertilisers` subsidy, increase in LPG prices and FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral