School bus overturns in Punjab, 20 kids injured
Chandigarh: Around 20 children were injured, one of them seriously, when their school bus overturned in a village near Punjab`s Khanna town Thursday morning.
The students with minor injuries were sent to a hospital in Khanna town, 70 km from here.
The child with serious injuries was referred to a private super-specialty hospital in Ludhiana, 40 km from Khanna.
Police said the bus carrying students of the Green Grove School in Khanna from nearby villages overturned at Majri village as the driver was over-speeding and was unable to control the vehicle.
Most of the students in the bus were from junior classes of the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country