School teacher shot at in Moga
Moga: A government school teacher was
seriously injured when two unidentified motorcycle-borne
youths shot at her, police said today.
Harpreet Kaur was hit by two bullets, one struck her in
the forehead and another in her leg. She was rushed to
hospital in Ludhiana, police said.
Apparently, the youths intercepted her car when she was
on her way home and forced it to stop after which they opened
fire but Kaur`s driver escaped from the scene and a search is
on to trace and question him.
Police said, Kaur`s husband resides in Canada and takes
aspirants from Punjab who want to settle there. "There may be
a dispute between Kaur`s husband and some aspirant who wanted
to go to Canada. But nothing can be said for sure at this
stage," a police official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill