School teacher shot at in Moga
Moga: A government school teacher was
seriously injured when two unidentified motorcycle-borne
youths shot at her, police said today.
Harpreet Kaur was hit by two bullets, one struck her in
the forehead and another in her leg. She was rushed to
hospital in Ludhiana, police said.
Apparently, the youths intercepted her car when she was
on her way home and forced it to stop after which they opened
fire but Kaur`s driver escaped from the scene and a search is
on to trace and question him.
Police said, Kaur`s husband resides in Canada and takes
aspirants from Punjab who want to settle there. "There may be
a dispute between Kaur`s husband and some aspirant who wanted
to go to Canada. But nothing can be said for sure at this
stage," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi