Schools with less than 20 students would not be closed: Min
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Wednesday announced that the primary schools in the state, having less than 20 students, would not be closed.
Disclosing this here today, state Education minister Sikander Singh Maluka said that if in a locality or a village, two or more schools were found with less than 20 students, such schools would be merged with each other.
The minister said that the Education department would make all out efforts to ensure quality education to the little children, that too near their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported