Schools with less than 20 students would not be closed: Min
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Wednesday announced that the primary schools in the state, having less than 20 students, would not be closed.
Disclosing this here today, state Education minister Sikander Singh Maluka said that if in a locality or a village, two or more schools were found with less than 20 students, such schools would be merged with each other.
The minister said that the Education department would make all out efforts to ensure quality education to the little children, that too near their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you