Schools with less than 20 students would not be closed: Min
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Wednesday announced that the primary schools in the state, having less than 20 students, would not be closed.
Disclosing this here today, state Education minister Sikander Singh Maluka said that if in a locality or a village, two or more schools were found with less than 20 students, such schools would be merged with each other.
The minister said that the Education department would make all out efforts to ensure quality education to the little children, that too near their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex