Schools with less than 20 students would not be closed: Min
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Wednesday announced that the primary schools in the state, having less than 20 students, would not be closed.
Disclosing this here today, state Education minister Sikander Singh Maluka said that if in a locality or a village, two or more schools were found with less than 20 students, such schools would be merged with each other.
The minister said that the Education department would make all out efforts to ensure quality education to the little children, that too near their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble