Scrap seller killed in blast at junk dealer`s shop in Punjab
Ferozepur: A scrap seller was killed in a blast after a bomb shell exploded when he hammered it to convince a junk dealer to buy the abandoned scrap shells, police said.
The scrap seller had brought some abandoned old bomb shells at a junk shop located close to cantonment area but the dealer refused to buy them, Deputy Superintendent of Police Vibor Sharma said.
"He was trying to convince the dealer to buy the scrap shells, but the latter refused. The scrap seller remained adamant saying the shells were old and defused and there were no explosives inside them.
"In a bid to prove his point, he went at the back of the junk dealer`s shop and started to hammer the shells to show that they contained no explosives. However, one of the shells went off killing him at the spot," he said.
The scrap seller is yet to be identified since his body was blown into pieces, Sharma said, adding that the police was also investigating into where he procured these shells from.
The dealer was saved as he was not standing close to the spot when the scrap seller was hammering the shells.
A bomb disposal squad, army experts along with senior officials of Army, police and civil administration reached the spot, Deputy Commissioner Manjit Singh Narang said, adding that further investigations were on.
The area has been cordoned off and the remaining shells have been taken into Army`s custody, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'