Selja hits out at Cong MLA from Ambala
Hisar: Congress Rajya Sabha member Kumari Selja on Friday hit out at her party MLA Vinod Sharma, and said he "should not weaken the party" by giving "baseless statements" on development of Ambala.
"Congress legislator Vinod Sharma should not weaken the party by his baseless statements questioning development in Ambala district," Selja, a former Union minister and two-time MP from Ambala constituency who had recently resigned to join the Rajya Sabha, said.
"Sharma should shun the negative attitude," Selja, a known critic of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, told reporters here.
She was replying to a comment of Sharma, Ambala MLA and a confidant of the Chief Minister, that she was responsible for lack of development in the area.
"The people of Ambala know about my contribution to the progress and development of the area. It does not need a certificate from any one," Selja said.
Speaking on the fracas in Parliament over the Telangana issue, she said, "It is unfortunate that some leaders indulged in physical assault in the Lok Sabha... It is an insult to the electorate who had sent them to the highest and sacred house of democracy. They should know the limits and should have maintained the decorum of the house."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead