Sessions court acquits man of raping 8-month old girl
Fatehgarh Sahib: A sessions court here acquitted a man, who was booked on charges of rape of an eight-month-old girl in Ambay Majra village last year.
The court of Sessions Judge here acquitted Mukesh Pandey due to lack of evidence against him.
Ranjit Devi, who was living in a rented house of Balbir Singh in village Ambay Majra near Mandi Gobindgarh had lodged a complaint with the police on October 26 last year accusing another tenant, Mukesh Pandey, living in the same house, of raping her eight-month-old daughter.
Devi was living with her two children and husband in the house. She had gone to relieve herself around 5 pm when she returned to hear cries of her eight-month-old daughter.
Upon reaching near her, she saw Mukesh, a resident of village Ikalpur of district Patna, also a tenant of Balbir Singh, tried to rape her daughter.
Ranjita Devi informed the Mandi Gobindgarh police about the incident.
A case under sections 376, 511, 450 of the IPC was registered against Mukesh on October 26 last year at Mandi Gobindgarh police station.
Pandey was acquitted by the sessions court due to lack of evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested