Sessions court acquits man of raping 8-month old girl
Fatehgarh Sahib: A sessions court here acquitted a man, who was booked on charges of rape of an eight-month-old girl in Ambay Majra village last year.
The court of Sessions Judge here acquitted Mukesh Pandey due to lack of evidence against him.
Ranjit Devi, who was living in a rented house of Balbir Singh in village Ambay Majra near Mandi Gobindgarh had lodged a complaint with the police on October 26 last year accusing another tenant, Mukesh Pandey, living in the same house, of raping her eight-month-old daughter.
Devi was living with her two children and husband in the house. She had gone to relieve herself around 5 pm when she returned to hear cries of her eight-month-old daughter.
Upon reaching near her, she saw Mukesh, a resident of village Ikalpur of district Patna, also a tenant of Balbir Singh, tried to rape her daughter.
Ranjita Devi informed the Mandi Gobindgarh police about the incident.
A case under sections 376, 511, 450 of the IPC was registered against Mukesh on October 26 last year at Mandi Gobindgarh police station.
Pandey was acquitted by the sessions court due to lack of evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!