Seven arrested for trying to free undertrials
Faridkot: Seven persons have been arrested for allegedly trying to help three undertrials escape from police custody outside a court complex here, officials said.
Three undertrials were on Wednesday brought from Jalandhar for a court hearing in a case. Police received a tip off that seven accomplices would attempt to free the accused from police custody by launching an attack on the cops, SP Dilbag Singh said.
Police officials swung into action after the tip off and arrested the accomplices under various sections of IPC, Singh said.
They also recovered sharp-edged weapons from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter