Seven arrested for trying to free undertrials
Faridkot: Seven persons have been arrested for allegedly trying to help three undertrials escape from police custody outside a court complex here, officials said.
Three undertrials were on Wednesday brought from Jalandhar for a court hearing in a case. Police received a tip off that seven accomplices would attempt to free the accused from police custody by launching an attack on the cops, SP Dilbag Singh said.
Police officials swung into action after the tip off and arrested the accomplices under various sections of IPC, Singh said.
They also recovered sharp-edged weapons from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’