Seven arrested for trying to free undertrials
Faridkot: Seven persons have been arrested for allegedly trying to help three undertrials escape from police custody outside a court complex here, officials said.
Three undertrials were on Wednesday brought from Jalandhar for a court hearing in a case. Police received a tip off that seven accomplices would attempt to free the accused from police custody by launching an attack on the cops, SP Dilbag Singh said.
Police officials swung into action after the tip off and arrested the accomplices under various sections of IPC, Singh said.
They also recovered sharp-edged weapons from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!