Seven Dera Sacha Sauda followers killed in road mishap
Sirsa (Haryana): Seven Dera Sacha Sauda followers
were killed and 35 injured in a head-on collision between
their mini-truck and a tractor-trolley laden with cotton near
here, police said on Wednesday.
All the sect followers were returning to Muktsar in
Punjab after attending a religious congregation in Sirsa, the
headquarters of the Dera, when the accident took place near
village Chormar, 35-km from here, last night.
The injured were admitted to hospital, the police said
adding the dead were identified as Baldev, Jarnail Singh,
Tarsem, Amarjit Kaur, Palwinder Kaur, Harminder Kaur and
Jaswinder Kaur, the last two teenagers.
A case had been registered against the tractor driver who
who fled from the scene after the accident.
The bodies had been handed over to the bereaved families
after autopsy at Dabwali Civil Hospital, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam