Seven Dera Sacha Sauda followers killed in road mishap
Sirsa (Haryana): Seven Dera Sacha Sauda followers
were killed and 35 injured in a head-on collision between
their mini-truck and a tractor-trolley laden with cotton near
here, police said on Wednesday.
All the sect followers were returning to Muktsar in
Punjab after attending a religious congregation in Sirsa, the
headquarters of the Dera, when the accident took place near
village Chormar, 35-km from here, last night.
The injured were admitted to hospital, the police said
adding the dead were identified as Baldev, Jarnail Singh,
Tarsem, Amarjit Kaur, Palwinder Kaur, Harminder Kaur and
Jaswinder Kaur, the last two teenagers.
A case had been registered against the tractor driver who
who fled from the scene after the accident.
The bodies had been handed over to the bereaved families
after autopsy at Dabwali Civil Hospital, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference