Seven get 10 years in jail for gang-rape
Gurdaspur (Punjab): Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced to 10 years in prison by a local court for raping a woman last month.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Baljinder Sidhu also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
A 29-year-old woman was forcibly taken to a tubewell in a village on the periphery of Gurdaspur by driver and conductor of a private bus, where they along with five others raped the her on January 11.
On complaint of the woman, the police had arrested Daler Singh, Amrit Pal, Jagpreet Singh, Satwant Singh, Jaswinder Singh Sunny, Sarabjit Singh and Palwinder Singh, prosecution said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges