Seven get 10 years in jail for gang-rape
Gurdaspur (Punjab): Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced to 10 years in prison by a local court for raping a woman last month.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Baljinder Sidhu also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
A 29-year-old woman was forcibly taken to a tubewell in a village on the periphery of Gurdaspur by driver and conductor of a private bus, where they along with five others raped the her on January 11.
On complaint of the woman, the police had arrested Daler Singh, Amrit Pal, Jagpreet Singh, Satwant Singh, Jaswinder Singh Sunny, Sarabjit Singh and Palwinder Singh, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit