Seven get 10 years in jail for gang-rape
Gurdaspur (Punjab): Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced to 10 years in prison by a local court for raping a woman last month.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Baljinder Sidhu also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
A 29-year-old woman was forcibly taken to a tubewell in a village on the periphery of Gurdaspur by driver and conductor of a private bus, where they along with five others raped the her on January 11.
On complaint of the woman, the police had arrested Daler Singh, Amrit Pal, Jagpreet Singh, Satwant Singh, Jaswinder Singh Sunny, Sarabjit Singh and Palwinder Singh, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh