Seven get 10 years in jail for gang-rape
Gurdaspur (Punjab): Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced to 10 years in prison by a local court for raping a woman last month.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Baljinder Sidhu also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
A 29-year-old woman was forcibly taken to a tubewell in a village on the periphery of Gurdaspur by driver and conductor of a private bus, where they along with five others raped the her on January 11.
On complaint of the woman, the police had arrested Daler Singh, Amrit Pal, Jagpreet Singh, Satwant Singh, Jaswinder Singh Sunny, Sarabjit Singh and Palwinder Singh, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug