Seven get 10 years in jail for gang-rape
Gurdaspur (Punjab): Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced to 10 years in prison by a local court for raping a woman last month.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Baljinder Sidhu also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
A 29-year-old woman was forcibly taken to a tubewell in a village on the periphery of Gurdaspur by driver and conductor of a private bus, where they along with five others raped the her on January 11.
On complaint of the woman, the police had arrested Daler Singh, Amrit Pal, Jagpreet Singh, Satwant Singh, Jaswinder Singh Sunny, Sarabjit Singh and Palwinder Singh, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections