Seven-year-old girl molested in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly molested by an unidentified person at Garshankar town in the district, police said on Sunday.
A case for molesting a minor girl has been registered against an unknown person on the complaint of her parents.
Police said that the victim was a UKG student in a private school in Garhshankar town.
On September 13, when she returned from the school and went to urinate her parents noticed blood in her urine and they became suspicious.
They immediately took the girl to a private doctor and later to Garhshankar Civil Hospital for her medical examination, police said.
However, the doctors had not confirmed rape with the girl.
Meanwhile, a decomposed body suspected to be of a woman was found in the forest area of village Nari located on the Hoshiarpur-Himachal Pradresh boundary last night, police said.
Police also found some empty liquor bottles, a dagger and a sandal lying near the body.
A case had been registered against unknown person in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI
- South Africa hold 372-run lead over New Zealand despite top order collapse in second innings
- Government defers mega spectrum auction by 2 days to Oct 1
- Attempt to provoke India again? Pak aircraft violates Indian airspace in J&K