Seven-year-old girl molested in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly molested by an unidentified person at Garshankar town in the district, police said on Sunday.
A case for molesting a minor girl has been registered against an unknown person on the complaint of her parents.
Police said that the victim was a UKG student in a private school in Garhshankar town.
On September 13, when she returned from the school and went to urinate her parents noticed blood in her urine and they became suspicious.
They immediately took the girl to a private doctor and later to Garhshankar Civil Hospital for her medical examination, police said.
However, the doctors had not confirmed rape with the girl.
Meanwhile, a decomposed body suspected to be of a woman was found in the forest area of village Nari located on the Hoshiarpur-Himachal Pradresh boundary last night, police said.
Police also found some empty liquor bottles, a dagger and a sandal lying near the body.
A case had been registered against unknown person in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered