Sexual harassment case against VC dismissed
Patiala: A court here on Saturday dismissed a
sexual harassment case registered against Jasbir Singh
Ahluwalia, Vice chancellor of Guru Granth Sahib World
University in Fatehgarh Sahib.
The Additional Sessions Judge D S Johal dismissed case
following a direction of Punjab and Haryana high court.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court had on December 17 had
allowed quashing of charges framed against him by a Patiala
Ahluwalia, also a former VC of Punjabi University here,
was earlier booked in a case registered at Patiala`s Sadar
police station on February 19, 2002, initially under IPC.
In her complaint, a postgraduate student had alleged
"wrong things" were happening in the Department of Fine Arts.
and the VC, instead of taking action, had forced her to keep
her mouth shut.
Ahluwalia was also acquitted by the court of Additional
Sessions Judge Parminder Pal Singh on Friday of charges of
corruption and forgery in a case registered against him in
April 2002 when he was vice-chancellor of Punjabi University.
The court said the prosecution had failed to prove its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons