Sexual harassment case against VC dismissed
Patiala: A court here on Saturday dismissed a
sexual harassment case registered against Jasbir Singh
Ahluwalia, Vice chancellor of Guru Granth Sahib World
University in Fatehgarh Sahib.
The Additional Sessions Judge D S Johal dismissed case
following a direction of Punjab and Haryana high court.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court had on December 17 had
allowed quashing of charges framed against him by a Patiala
Ahluwalia, also a former VC of Punjabi University here,
was earlier booked in a case registered at Patiala`s Sadar
police station on February 19, 2002, initially under IPC.
In her complaint, a postgraduate student had alleged
"wrong things" were happening in the Department of Fine Arts.
and the VC, instead of taking action, had forced her to keep
her mouth shut.
Ahluwalia was also acquitted by the court of Additional
Sessions Judge Parminder Pal Singh on Friday of charges of
corruption and forgery in a case registered against him in
April 2002 when he was vice-chancellor of Punjabi University.
The court said the prosecution had failed to prove its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video