SGPC asks Centre to ensure release abducted Sikhs in Taliban
Amritsar: SGPC, the supreme body of the
Sikhs, on Thursday asked the Centre to take up with Pakistan the
abduction of two members of the community by the Taliban and
ensure their release.
The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee has also
appealed to the Centre to prevail upon that country to provide
security to Sikhs there, SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar and
Jathedar Akal Takht, Gurbachan Singh, told reporters here.
The SGPC made the request during the `Akhand Paath`
(continuous recitation of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib) at Golden
Temple in memory of two Pakistani Sikhs killed by the Taliban
The members of the community were beheaded and their
heads sent to a Gurudwara in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie