Shingar cinema terror blast accused held
Ludhiana: A Babbar Khalsa International
terrorist, who is the main accused in Shingar cinema blast
case which claimed eight lives, has been arrested, police said
here on Saturday.
Harminder Singh, who was arrested along with three of his
room mates from Shimla Puri locality on the outskirts of the
city yesterday, has been sent to seven days in police custody
by a local court, they said.
The identity of three others arrested along with him is
being established, they said.
An AK-47, a pistol and a hand grenade have been recovered
from Harminder`s possession; they said but refused to divulge
any more details.
Police had announced a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh for
providing information about the terrorist who is the main
accused in the Shingar cinema clast case.
The blast in Shingar cinema hall in Ludhiana took place
in 2007 in which eight persons, mainly labourers, were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch