Shingar cinema terror blast accused held
Ludhiana: A Babbar Khalsa International
terrorist, who is the main accused in Shingar cinema blast
case which claimed eight lives, has been arrested, police said
here on Saturday.
Harminder Singh, who was arrested along with three of his
room mates from Shimla Puri locality on the outskirts of the
city yesterday, has been sent to seven days in police custody
by a local court, they said.
The identity of three others arrested along with him is
being established, they said.
An AK-47, a pistol and a hand grenade have been recovered
from Harminder`s possession; they said but refused to divulge
any more details.
Police had announced a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh for
providing information about the terrorist who is the main
accused in the Shingar cinema clast case.
The blast in Shingar cinema hall in Ludhiana took place
in 2007 in which eight persons, mainly labourers, were killed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India