Shingar cinema terror blast accused held
Ludhiana: A Babbar Khalsa International
terrorist, who is the main accused in Shingar cinema blast
case which claimed eight lives, has been arrested, police said
here on Saturday.
Harminder Singh, who was arrested along with three of his
room mates from Shimla Puri locality on the outskirts of the
city yesterday, has been sent to seven days in police custody
by a local court, they said.
The identity of three others arrested along with him is
being established, they said.
An AK-47, a pistol and a hand grenade have been recovered
from Harminder`s possession; they said but refused to divulge
any more details.
Police had announced a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh for
providing information about the terrorist who is the main
accused in the Shingar cinema clast case.
The blast in Shingar cinema hall in Ludhiana took place
in 2007 in which eight persons, mainly labourers, were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah