Shiromani Akali Dal shifts focus on Patiala LS seat
Patiala: Ahead of Lok Sabha elections, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab has shifted focus to Patiala constituency, represented by Congress MP and Union Minister Preneet Kaur since 1999.
"We are collecting feedback from each assembly segment of Patiala and would forward it to SAD high command to take a final call on party candidate for the Lok Sabha seat," Punjab Education minister Sikander Singh Maluka said on the sidelines of a function here on Saturday.
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur, the wife of former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, has won the seat on three successive occasions since 1999.
When asked about the likely party candidate from the constituency, Maluka said the announcement would be made at an appropriate time.
In the last 15 days, senior Akali leaders including, party president Sukhbir Singh Badal and state minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia among others have attended functions in the Patiala constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble