Shiromani Akali Dal shifts focus on Patiala LS seat
Patiala: Ahead of Lok Sabha elections, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab has shifted focus to Patiala constituency, represented by Congress MP and Union Minister Preneet Kaur since 1999.
"We are collecting feedback from each assembly segment of Patiala and would forward it to SAD high command to take a final call on party candidate for the Lok Sabha seat," Punjab Education minister Sikander Singh Maluka said on the sidelines of a function here on Saturday.
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur, the wife of former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, has won the seat on three successive occasions since 1999.
When asked about the likely party candidate from the constituency, Maluka said the announcement would be made at an appropriate time.
In the last 15 days, senior Akali leaders including, party president Sukhbir Singh Badal and state minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia among others have attended functions in the Patiala constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing