Shiromani Akali Dal shifts focus on Patiala LS seat
Patiala: Ahead of Lok Sabha elections, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab has shifted focus to Patiala constituency, represented by Congress MP and Union Minister Preneet Kaur since 1999.
"We are collecting feedback from each assembly segment of Patiala and would forward it to SAD high command to take a final call on party candidate for the Lok Sabha seat," Punjab Education minister Sikander Singh Maluka said on the sidelines of a function here on Saturday.
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur, the wife of former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, has won the seat on three successive occasions since 1999.
When asked about the likely party candidate from the constituency, Maluka said the announcement would be made at an appropriate time.
In the last 15 days, senior Akali leaders including, party president Sukhbir Singh Badal and state minister Bikramjit Singh Majithia among others have attended functions in the Patiala constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire