Shiv Sena activists burn Pakistan flag in Punjab
Phagwara: Shiv Sena activists of Punjab on Friday burnt Pakistan flag here as they protested against the country envoy`s decision to hold talks with Kashmir separatists notwithstanding India`s objection.
A group of activists held a protest march and demanded expulsion of Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit.
"Though the Indian government had taken right step in calling off Foreign Secretary level talks of August 25, it should also send Basit back to Pakistan for his anti-India act," a protester said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise