Shiv Sena activists protest against diesel price hike
Phagwara: Shiv Sena activists on Saturday halted the Delhi-Amritsar Shatabdi Express at Phagwara railway station for few minutes in protest against the move of UPA government to hike the diesel prices and limit the supply of subsidised gas.
Led by the party`s state vice-president Inderjit Karwal, Shiv Sena activists staged a demonstration infront of the train and raised slogans against the Union government.
Later a rally was also organised at the railway station.
Protestors climbed on the train engine and blocked the rail track.
Sena activists claimed that the hike of Rs five per litre in diesel price and restriction of six LPG subsidised cylinder supply per family will place an additional burden on people.
The protestors said the move is likely to lead to a further rise in the prices of essential commodities.
Sena activists demanded an immediate rollback of hike in diesel prices and withdrawal of cap on cooking gas cylinders.
While Karwal claimed the protest near Shatabdi express lasted for 15-20 minutes, railway sources said the train was stopped by protestors for few minutes only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step