Shiv Sena activists protest against diesel price hike
Phagwara: Shiv Sena activists on Saturday halted the Delhi-Amritsar Shatabdi Express at Phagwara railway station for few minutes in protest against the move of UPA government to hike the diesel prices and limit the supply of subsidised gas.
Led by the party`s state vice-president Inderjit Karwal, Shiv Sena activists staged a demonstration infront of the train and raised slogans against the Union government.
Later a rally was also organised at the railway station.
Protestors climbed on the train engine and blocked the rail track.
Sena activists claimed that the hike of Rs five per litre in diesel price and restriction of six LPG subsidised cylinder supply per family will place an additional burden on people.
The protestors said the move is likely to lead to a further rise in the prices of essential commodities.
Sena activists demanded an immediate rollback of hike in diesel prices and withdrawal of cap on cooking gas cylinders.
While Karwal claimed the protest near Shatabdi express lasted for 15-20 minutes, railway sources said the train was stopped by protestors for few minutes only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users