Shivraj Patil to take oath as Punjab Governor
Chandigarh: Shivraj Vishwanath Patil will be
sworn-in as the Governor of Punjab here on Friday.
Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Mukul Moudgil
will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Patil on the
Raj Bhawan premises tomorrow, official sources said today.
Patil, who will also take charge as the Union Territory
Administrator of Chandigarh, is succeeding Gen (retd) S F
Patil had resigned from the post of Home Minister on
November 30 in 2008 following the Mumbai terror attacks.
Born in 1935 in Chakur village of Maharashtra`s Latur
district, Patil is a Science graduate from Osmania University.
Later, he studied Law at Bombay University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!