Shortage of 12 IPS officers in Punjab: DGP
Hoshiarpur: The Punjab Police is facing a
shortage of 12 IPS officers and the state government has
already written to the Union Home Ministry to ensure that the
posts are filled, DGP Anil Kaushik said here today.
He told reporters at the Police Recruits Training Centre
near here that 5,000 constables were being recruited after
which there would be no shortage of staff in the lower level
of the state police.
He claimed that law and order situation in Punjab was
under control and a blue print for deployment of forces to
maintain law and order during the upcoming Assembly elections
had been prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress nominates Chidambaram, Sibal, Ramesh for Rajya Sabha polls
- Four new cases of criminal assault on African nationals reported
- You would need to squeeze this phone in order to make a call!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's 'Bajirao Mastani' boast IIFA nominations!
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag launches latest 'attack' on Shoaib Akhtar