Shortage of 12 IPS officers in Punjab: DGP
Hoshiarpur: The Punjab Police is facing a
shortage of 12 IPS officers and the state government has
already written to the Union Home Ministry to ensure that the
posts are filled, DGP Anil Kaushik said here today.
He told reporters at the Police Recruits Training Centre
near here that 5,000 constables were being recruited after
which there would be no shortage of staff in the lower level
of the state police.
He claimed that law and order situation in Punjab was
under control and a blue print for deployment of forces to
maintain law and order during the upcoming Assembly elections
had been prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'