Shortage of 12 IPS officers in Punjab: DGP
Hoshiarpur: The Punjab Police is facing a
shortage of 12 IPS officers and the state government has
already written to the Union Home Ministry to ensure that the
posts are filled, DGP Anil Kaushik said here today.
He told reporters at the Police Recruits Training Centre
near here that 5,000 constables were being recruited after
which there would be no shortage of staff in the lower level
of the state police.
He claimed that law and order situation in Punjab was
under control and a blue print for deployment of forces to
maintain law and order during the upcoming Assembly elections
had been prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read