Shortage of 12 IPS officers in Punjab: DGP
Hoshiarpur: The Punjab Police is facing a
shortage of 12 IPS officers and the state government has
already written to the Union Home Ministry to ensure that the
posts are filled, DGP Anil Kaushik said here today.
He told reporters at the Police Recruits Training Centre
near here that 5,000 constables were being recruited after
which there would be no shortage of staff in the lower level
of the state police.
He claimed that law and order situation in Punjab was
under control and a blue print for deployment of forces to
maintain law and order during the upcoming Assembly elections
had been prepared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Turkey-backed rebels take Syrian border town of Jarablus
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security