Sidhu is good man but in wrong party: Bhattal
Jalandhar: Amid speculations of BJP Member of Parliament Navjot Singh Sidhu leaving the party and not fighting the coming general elections, senior Congress leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal has said that Sidhu is a good and honest leader but is in the "wrong party".
"I have been saying this about Sidhu before as well that he is is a good person but in a wrong party. If he has realised that now then it is good. And, if he joins Congress, then we`ll welcome him," he told reporters here.
"Sidhu`s father was an old Congressman. He had also been District Head of Patiala. If he decides to leave BJP to join Congress then we will welcome him," the former Punjab Chief Minister said.
On the rise in power tariff in the state, the Congress leader said, "BJP leaders had gone to think over matters. But, what thinking went around I do not know, but their thinking has entire Punjab worried definitely. Now, they are bent on killing people by electrocuting them".
On the issue of Khalistani terrorist Devinderpal Singh Bhullar`s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment being rejected, Bhattal said, "Law is taking its course. We should not interfere in the work of law. So, I will not make any comments on that".
"Akali Dal is opposing this and BJP is supporting it. The two parties must first clarity their views on terrorism. If their own views differ, then how will they run the government? It ultimately, harms the state and its people only," she said.
The former Punjab CM accused the state government of diverting funds received from the Centre in things other than the development of the state. "I think a President`s rule should be imposed in the state," Bhattal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know