Sidhu is good man but in wrong party: Bhattal
Jalandhar: Amid speculations of BJP Member of Parliament Navjot Singh Sidhu leaving the party and not fighting the coming general elections, senior Congress leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal has said that Sidhu is a good and honest leader but is in the "wrong party".
"I have been saying this about Sidhu before as well that he is is a good person but in a wrong party. If he has realised that now then it is good. And, if he joins Congress, then we`ll welcome him," he told reporters here.
"Sidhu`s father was an old Congressman. He had also been District Head of Patiala. If he decides to leave BJP to join Congress then we will welcome him," the former Punjab Chief Minister said.
On the rise in power tariff in the state, the Congress leader said, "BJP leaders had gone to think over matters. But, what thinking went around I do not know, but their thinking has entire Punjab worried definitely. Now, they are bent on killing people by electrocuting them".
On the issue of Khalistani terrorist Devinderpal Singh Bhullar`s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment being rejected, Bhattal said, "Law is taking its course. We should not interfere in the work of law. So, I will not make any comments on that".
"Akali Dal is opposing this and BJP is supporting it. The two parties must first clarity their views on terrorism. If their own views differ, then how will they run the government? It ultimately, harms the state and its people only," she said.
The former Punjab CM accused the state government of diverting funds received from the Centre in things other than the development of the state. "I think a President`s rule should be imposed in the state," Bhattal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey