Sidhu is good man but in wrong party: Bhattal
Jalandhar: Amid speculations of BJP Member of Parliament Navjot Singh Sidhu leaving the party and not fighting the coming general elections, senior Congress leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal has said that Sidhu is a good and honest leader but is in the "wrong party".
"I have been saying this about Sidhu before as well that he is is a good person but in a wrong party. If he has realised that now then it is good. And, if he joins Congress, then we`ll welcome him," he told reporters here.
"Sidhu`s father was an old Congressman. He had also been District Head of Patiala. If he decides to leave BJP to join Congress then we will welcome him," the former Punjab Chief Minister said.
On the rise in power tariff in the state, the Congress leader said, "BJP leaders had gone to think over matters. But, what thinking went around I do not know, but their thinking has entire Punjab worried definitely. Now, they are bent on killing people by electrocuting them".
On the issue of Khalistani terrorist Devinderpal Singh Bhullar`s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment being rejected, Bhattal said, "Law is taking its course. We should not interfere in the work of law. So, I will not make any comments on that".
"Akali Dal is opposing this and BJP is supporting it. The two parties must first clarity their views on terrorism. If their own views differ, then how will they run the government? It ultimately, harms the state and its people only," she said.
The former Punjab CM accused the state government of diverting funds received from the Centre in things other than the development of the state. "I think a President`s rule should be imposed in the state," Bhattal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir