Sidhu is good man but in wrong party: Bhattal
Jalandhar: Amid speculations of BJP Member of Parliament Navjot Singh Sidhu leaving the party and not fighting the coming general elections, senior Congress leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal has said that Sidhu is a good and honest leader but is in the "wrong party".
"I have been saying this about Sidhu before as well that he is is a good person but in a wrong party. If he has realised that now then it is good. And, if he joins Congress, then we`ll welcome him," he told reporters here.
"Sidhu`s father was an old Congressman. He had also been District Head of Patiala. If he decides to leave BJP to join Congress then we will welcome him," the former Punjab Chief Minister said.
On the rise in power tariff in the state, the Congress leader said, "BJP leaders had gone to think over matters. But, what thinking went around I do not know, but their thinking has entire Punjab worried definitely. Now, they are bent on killing people by electrocuting them".
On the issue of Khalistani terrorist Devinderpal Singh Bhullar`s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment being rejected, Bhattal said, "Law is taking its course. We should not interfere in the work of law. So, I will not make any comments on that".
"Akali Dal is opposing this and BJP is supporting it. The two parties must first clarity their views on terrorism. If their own views differ, then how will they run the government? It ultimately, harms the state and its people only," she said.
The former Punjab CM accused the state government of diverting funds received from the Centre in things other than the development of the state. "I think a President`s rule should be imposed in the state," Bhattal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire