Sikh leader booked for raising pro-Khalistan slogans
Amritsar: Shriomani Akali Dal Amritsar president Simranjit Singh Mann has yet again been booked under sedition charges for allegedly raising pro-Khalistan slogans.
It is not the first time that the two times former MP was booked for raising slogans in favour of Khalistan.
Earlier, he had faced 80 cases in different places of Punjab and outside the state for Khalistan-related activities.
Only two cases, one in Amritsar and another in Patiala, now remains pending against him.
Mann was booked under Section 124 A (sedition) of IPC as two days back he had raised pro-Khalistan slogans and instigated Sikh devotees inside the Golden Temple to raise their voice in favour of the separate Sikh state.
He has hit back at the police, saying they have no jurisdiction to register case against him as whatever happened inside the Golden Temple does not come their purview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'