Sikh leader booked for raising pro-Khalistan slogans
Amritsar: Shriomani Akali Dal Amritsar president Simranjit Singh Mann has yet again been booked under sedition charges for allegedly raising pro-Khalistan slogans.
It is not the first time that the two times former MP was booked for raising slogans in favour of Khalistan.
Earlier, he had faced 80 cases in different places of Punjab and outside the state for Khalistan-related activities.
Only two cases, one in Amritsar and another in Patiala, now remains pending against him.
Mann was booked under Section 124 A (sedition) of IPC as two days back he had raised pro-Khalistan slogans and instigated Sikh devotees inside the Golden Temple to raise their voice in favour of the separate Sikh state.
He has hit back at the police, saying they have no jurisdiction to register case against him as whatever happened inside the Golden Temple does not come their purview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal