Sikh organisation condemns ban on turban in France
Jalandhar: Condemning ban on wearing turbans by school students in France, a Sikh organisation today demanded the Centre raise the issue during French President Francois Hollande`s upcoming visit, starting tomorrow.
"Ban on wearing turban by school students in France has not only hurt the sentiments of the community but it has been also halting the education of students there," France-based Dastar Action Committee chief Gurdayal Singh said in a press conference.
He demanded President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to raise the issue before Hollande.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!