Sikh organisation condemns ban on turban in France
Jalandhar: Condemning ban on wearing turbans by school students in France, a Sikh organisation today demanded the Centre raise the issue during French President Francois Hollande`s upcoming visit, starting tomorrow.
"Ban on wearing turban by school students in France has not only hurt the sentiments of the community but it has been also halting the education of students there," France-based Dastar Action Committee chief Gurdayal Singh said in a press conference.
He demanded President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to raise the issue before Hollande.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...