Sikh organisation condemns ban on turban in France
Jalandhar: Condemning ban on wearing turbans by school students in France, a Sikh organisation today demanded the Centre raise the issue during French President Francois Hollande`s upcoming visit, starting tomorrow.
"Ban on wearing turban by school students in France has not only hurt the sentiments of the community but it has been also halting the education of students there," France-based Dastar Action Committee chief Gurdayal Singh said in a press conference.
He demanded President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to raise the issue before Hollande.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted