Sikh organisation condemns ban on turban in France
Jalandhar: Condemning ban on wearing turbans by school students in France, a Sikh organisation today demanded the Centre raise the issue during French President Francois Hollande`s upcoming visit, starting tomorrow.
"Ban on wearing turban by school students in France has not only hurt the sentiments of the community but it has been also halting the education of students there," France-based Dastar Action Committee chief Gurdayal Singh said in a press conference.
He demanded President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to raise the issue before Hollande.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India