Sikh organisation condemns ban on turban in France
Jalandhar: Condemning ban on wearing turbans by school students in France, a Sikh organisation today demanded the Centre raise the issue during French President Francois Hollande`s upcoming visit, starting tomorrow.
"Ban on wearing turban by school students in France has not only hurt the sentiments of the community but it has been also halting the education of students there," France-based Dastar Action Committee chief Gurdayal Singh said in a press conference.
He demanded President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to raise the issue before Hollande.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17