Sikh organisations seek clemency for Bhullar
Fatehgarh Sahib: Various Sikh organizations on Thursday took out a march from here to Delhi and sought clemency for Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
Representatives of the Sikh organisations held a meeting before the protest march started from Gurdwara Jyoti Swarup, and discussed the steps to be taken in this regard.
Over 75 lakh signatures have already been collected on a letter seeking clemency for Bhullar, representatives of various organisations said.
The letter along will be handed over to President Pranab Mukherjee on April 19, they said.
They appealed Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to convene a special session of state Assembly and pass a resolution favouring clemency for Bhullar.
Seeking clemency for Bhullar, Badal on April 15 approached Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to find a way out to stop the execution as he apprehended it would affect peace and harmony in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!