Sikh organisations seek clemency for Bhullar
Fatehgarh Sahib: Various Sikh organizations on Thursday took out a march from here to Delhi and sought clemency for Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
Representatives of the Sikh organisations held a meeting before the protest march started from Gurdwara Jyoti Swarup, and discussed the steps to be taken in this regard.
Over 75 lakh signatures have already been collected on a letter seeking clemency for Bhullar, representatives of various organisations said.
The letter along will be handed over to President Pranab Mukherjee on April 19, they said.
They appealed Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to convene a special session of state Assembly and pass a resolution favouring clemency for Bhullar.
Seeking clemency for Bhullar, Badal on April 15 approached Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to find a way out to stop the execution as he apprehended it would affect peace and harmony in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition