Sikh organisations seek clemency for Bhullar
Fatehgarh Sahib: Various Sikh organizations on Thursday took out a march from here to Delhi and sought clemency for Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
Representatives of the Sikh organisations held a meeting before the protest march started from Gurdwara Jyoti Swarup, and discussed the steps to be taken in this regard.
Over 75 lakh signatures have already been collected on a letter seeking clemency for Bhullar, representatives of various organisations said.
The letter along will be handed over to President Pranab Mukherjee on April 19, they said.
They appealed Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to convene a special session of state Assembly and pass a resolution favouring clemency for Bhullar.
Seeking clemency for Bhullar, Badal on April 15 approached Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to find a way out to stop the execution as he apprehended it would affect peace and harmony in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says