Sikh organisations seek clemency for Bhullar
Fatehgarh Sahib: Various Sikh organizations on Thursday took out a march from here to Delhi and sought clemency for Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
Representatives of the Sikh organisations held a meeting before the protest march started from Gurdwara Jyoti Swarup, and discussed the steps to be taken in this regard.
Over 75 lakh signatures have already been collected on a letter seeking clemency for Bhullar, representatives of various organisations said.
The letter along will be handed over to President Pranab Mukherjee on April 19, they said.
They appealed Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to convene a special session of state Assembly and pass a resolution favouring clemency for Bhullar.
Seeking clemency for Bhullar, Badal on April 15 approached Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to find a way out to stop the execution as he apprehended it would affect peace and harmony in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch