Sikhs can`t get justice with Gandhis at the helm: Harsimrat
Chandigarh: With a Delhi court accepting CBI`s clean chit to senior Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in a 1984 anti-Sikh riot case, Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Tuesday said Sikhs cannot get justice with the Gandhis pulling the strings of power at the Centre.
"Sikhs have realised one thing that they cannot dream of
getting justice till UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress
General Secretary Rahul Gandhi are pulling the strings of
power," she said in a statement here.
Accusing the Congress of pressurising the CBI to submit a
closure report giving a clean chit to Tytler which was
accepted today by the Delhi court, Badal said he was saved to
"save the skin of 10 Janpath".
Terming the letting off of a "known accused of brutal
killings" of innocent Sikhs as "darkest chapter" in the
history of democracy, she said when day-to-day hearing can be
ordered in Gujarat riots case of 2002 and a Chief Minister be
summoned for questioning by the SIT, why can`t Congress-led
UPA ensure expeditious justice to 7,000 Sikh families waiting
for it for 25 years.
"The fact is Congress would adopt every possible
technique to protect Gandhi family without caring for the
feelings of Sikhs," she said.
Demanding resignation of Sonia Gandhi from Lok Sabha and
from the UPA`s Chairmanship for her alleged failure to ensure
justice to Sikh families, she said ruling SAD along with
like-minded parties would seek constitution of a JPC to look
into the Congress` culpability in 1984 anti-Sikh carnage.
Meanwhile, the Dal Khalsa, a radical Sikh organisation
hit out at the CBI for giving a clean chit to Tytler in the
case, calling it "Congress Bureau of Investigation".
Terming the investigating agency as a tool in the hands
of the Congress, Dal Khalsa spokesman Kanwarpal Singh said,
"The party which leads the government at the Centre has
managed to save its former minister from the clutches of law".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre