`Singh weak PM, unbecoming of the coveted post`
Jalandhar: Reiterating that Manmohan Singh
was a "weak" Prime Minister, the BJP has said his stature is
unbecoming of the coveted post which is why the Congress and
its allies repeatedly interfere in his every decision.
"Singh is a weak PM, therefore the Congress as well as
its allies interfere in his decisions," BJP leader Arun
Jaitley said yesterday.
"UPA is a weak alliance, and the PM`s position has been
further deteriorated by the repeated interference of Congress
and its allies in key decisions," he said.
Campaigning for three party candidates of Jalandhar ahead
of the polls, he said, "Corruption charges are looming large
on the UPA government, and in the recent years, major
decisions taken by them have been marred by controversy."
Raising doubts over the economic vision of Singh, Jaitley
said the country`s economy was in a "turbulent" state. "Due to
the poor facilities, the industries are closing down and the
industrialists are heading towards foreign countries."
Lauding the achievements of BJP-SAD alliance in Punjab,
the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, said, "The state has
a capable leader in form of Parkash Singh Badal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note