`Singh weak PM, unbecoming of the coveted post`
Jalandhar: Reiterating that Manmohan Singh
was a "weak" Prime Minister, the BJP has said his stature is
unbecoming of the coveted post which is why the Congress and
its allies repeatedly interfere in his every decision.
"Singh is a weak PM, therefore the Congress as well as
its allies interfere in his decisions," BJP leader Arun
Jaitley said yesterday.
"UPA is a weak alliance, and the PM`s position has been
further deteriorated by the repeated interference of Congress
and its allies in key decisions," he said.
Campaigning for three party candidates of Jalandhar ahead
of the polls, he said, "Corruption charges are looming large
on the UPA government, and in the recent years, major
decisions taken by them have been marred by controversy."
Raising doubts over the economic vision of Singh, Jaitley
said the country`s economy was in a "turbulent" state. "Due to
the poor facilities, the industries are closing down and the
industrialists are heading towards foreign countries."
Lauding the achievements of BJP-SAD alliance in Punjab,
the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, said, "The state has
a capable leader in form of Parkash Singh Badal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital