`Singh weak PM, unbecoming of the coveted post`
Jalandhar: Reiterating that Manmohan Singh
was a "weak" Prime Minister, the BJP has said his stature is
unbecoming of the coveted post which is why the Congress and
its allies repeatedly interfere in his every decision.
"Singh is a weak PM, therefore the Congress as well as
its allies interfere in his decisions," BJP leader Arun
Jaitley said yesterday.
"UPA is a weak alliance, and the PM`s position has been
further deteriorated by the repeated interference of Congress
and its allies in key decisions," he said.
Campaigning for three party candidates of Jalandhar ahead
of the polls, he said, "Corruption charges are looming large
on the UPA government, and in the recent years, major
decisions taken by them have been marred by controversy."
Raising doubts over the economic vision of Singh, Jaitley
said the country`s economy was in a "turbulent" state. "Due to
the poor facilities, the industries are closing down and the
industrialists are heading towards foreign countries."
Lauding the achievements of BJP-SAD alliance in Punjab,
the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, said, "The state has
a capable leader in form of Parkash Singh Badal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!