SIT set up in minor gang-rape case in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: A five-member Special Investigation Team (SIT) has been set up to probe the case against five constables who were arrested for the rape of a minor girl.
The SIT, headed by Deputy Superintendent of Police (Central) Ashish Kapoor, includes three women officers and a male officer, a release issued by the police said here.
SSP, Chandigarh, Sukhchain Singh Gill will closely supervise its functioning, the release said.
All the five constables were remanded to three-day police custody after their arrest following a complaint by the 17-year-old girl.
In her complaint, the Class 10 girl had alleged that she had been raped and molested by five constables for one and half months.
A case under various section of the IPC including 376, 341, 354, 376, 507 and Section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act had been registered at Sector 11 Police Station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi