SIT set up in minor gang-rape case in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: A five-member Special Investigation Team (SIT) has been set up to probe the case against five constables who were arrested for the rape of a minor girl.
The SIT, headed by Deputy Superintendent of Police (Central) Ashish Kapoor, includes three women officers and a male officer, a release issued by the police said here.
SSP, Chandigarh, Sukhchain Singh Gill will closely supervise its functioning, the release said.
All the five constables were remanded to three-day police custody after their arrest following a complaint by the 17-year-old girl.
In her complaint, the Class 10 girl had alleged that she had been raped and molested by five constables for one and half months.
A case under various section of the IPC including 376, 341, 354, 376, 507 and Section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act had been registered at Sector 11 Police Station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!