Six IPS among 24 police officers transferred in Punjab
Chandigarh: In a major reshuffle, the Punjab
government today transferred 24 police officers, including six
IPS, with immediate effect.
The transferred officers included two each of the rank of
ADGP, DIG and SSP of Shaheed Bhagat Singh (SBS) Nagar and
Hoshiarpur districts, an official spokesman said here.
ADGP (Security) G D Pandey has been transferred as
ADGP-cum-commandant Home Guards and Director Civil Defence
against a vacant post.
ADGP (Computers and Telecommunication) S M Sharma has
been given the additional charge of ADGP (Security).
DIG (Community Policing) Shashi Prabha Dwivedi goes as
DIG (Crime) whereas DIG (Intelligence) R N Dhoke becomes DIG
SBS Nagar SSP Rakesh Aggarwal has been transferred as SSP
Hoshiarpur replacing Pramod Ban who goes as Deputy
Commissioner Police at Ludhiana.
Besides the IPS officers, as many as 18 officers of
Punjab Police Service (PPS) have also been transferred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar-India border; tremors felt in Assam
- Was Aamir Khan all set to do a 'Rustom'? Here's what we know so far
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too