Six IPS among 24 police officers transferred in Punjab
Chandigarh: In a major reshuffle, the Punjab
government today transferred 24 police officers, including six
IPS, with immediate effect.
The transferred officers included two each of the rank of
ADGP, DIG and SSP of Shaheed Bhagat Singh (SBS) Nagar and
Hoshiarpur districts, an official spokesman said here.
ADGP (Security) G D Pandey has been transferred as
ADGP-cum-commandant Home Guards and Director Civil Defence
against a vacant post.
ADGP (Computers and Telecommunication) S M Sharma has
been given the additional charge of ADGP (Security).
DIG (Community Policing) Shashi Prabha Dwivedi goes as
DIG (Crime) whereas DIG (Intelligence) R N Dhoke becomes DIG
SBS Nagar SSP Rakesh Aggarwal has been transferred as SSP
Hoshiarpur replacing Pramod Ban who goes as Deputy
Commissioner Police at Ludhiana.
Besides the IPS officers, as many as 18 officers of
Punjab Police Service (PPS) have also been transferred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state