Six IPS among 24 police officers transferred in Punjab
Chandigarh: In a major reshuffle, the Punjab
government today transferred 24 police officers, including six
IPS, with immediate effect.
The transferred officers included two each of the rank of
ADGP, DIG and SSP of Shaheed Bhagat Singh (SBS) Nagar and
Hoshiarpur districts, an official spokesman said here.
ADGP (Security) G D Pandey has been transferred as
ADGP-cum-commandant Home Guards and Director Civil Defence
against a vacant post.
ADGP (Computers and Telecommunication) S M Sharma has
been given the additional charge of ADGP (Security).
DIG (Community Policing) Shashi Prabha Dwivedi goes as
DIG (Crime) whereas DIG (Intelligence) R N Dhoke becomes DIG
SBS Nagar SSP Rakesh Aggarwal has been transferred as SSP
Hoshiarpur replacing Pramod Ban who goes as Deputy
Commissioner Police at Ludhiana.
Besides the IPS officers, as many as 18 officers of
Punjab Police Service (PPS) have also been transferred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery