Six pilgrims killed, 32 injured in mishap on HP-Punjab border
Anandpur Sahib: At least six pilgrims were killed while 32 others injured on Tuesday when the tractor trolley in which they were travelling fell into a gorge near here.
The driver of the tractor lost control over the vehicle near Sohila Ghorra area of Himachal Pradesh at Punjab-Himachal border and it fell into the gorge resulting in the death of six persons, including three women, while 32 other sustained injuries, police said.
The pilgrims, residents of Nangal Khurd village of Ludhiana district, were returning towards Anandpur Sahib to participate in Hola Mohalla festival after paying obeisance at Gurdwara Guru Ka Lahore in Himachal Pradesh.
Senior civil and police officials of Anandpur Sahib have rushed to the spot.
The inured were rushed to Civil hospital at Anandpur Sahib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional