Six pilgrims killed, 32 injured in mishap on HP-Punjab border
Anandpur Sahib: At least six pilgrims were killed while 32 others injured on Tuesday when the tractor trolley in which they were travelling fell into a gorge near here.
The driver of the tractor lost control over the vehicle near Sohila Ghorra area of Himachal Pradesh at Punjab-Himachal border and it fell into the gorge resulting in the death of six persons, including three women, while 32 other sustained injuries, police said.
The pilgrims, residents of Nangal Khurd village of Ludhiana district, were returning towards Anandpur Sahib to participate in Hola Mohalla festival after paying obeisance at Gurdwara Guru Ka Lahore in Himachal Pradesh.
Senior civil and police officials of Anandpur Sahib have rushed to the spot.
The inured were rushed to Civil hospital at Anandpur Sahib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region