Six pilgrims killed, 32 injured in mishap on HP-Punjab border
Anandpur Sahib: At least six pilgrims were killed while 32 others injured on Tuesday when the tractor trolley in which they were travelling fell into a gorge near here.
The driver of the tractor lost control over the vehicle near Sohila Ghorra area of Himachal Pradesh at Punjab-Himachal border and it fell into the gorge resulting in the death of six persons, including three women, while 32 other sustained injuries, police said.
The pilgrims, residents of Nangal Khurd village of Ludhiana district, were returning towards Anandpur Sahib to participate in Hola Mohalla festival after paying obeisance at Gurdwara Guru Ka Lahore in Himachal Pradesh.
Senior civil and police officials of Anandpur Sahib have rushed to the spot.
The inured were rushed to Civil hospital at Anandpur Sahib.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India