Six pilgrims killed, 32 injured in mishap on HP-Punjab border
Anandpur Sahib: At least six pilgrims were killed while 32 others injured on Tuesday when the tractor trolley in which they were travelling fell into a gorge near here.
The driver of the tractor lost control over the vehicle near Sohila Ghorra area of Himachal Pradesh at Punjab-Himachal border and it fell into the gorge resulting in the death of six persons, including three women, while 32 other sustained injuries, police said.
The pilgrims, residents of Nangal Khurd village of Ludhiana district, were returning towards Anandpur Sahib to participate in Hola Mohalla festival after paying obeisance at Gurdwara Guru Ka Lahore in Himachal Pradesh.
Senior civil and police officials of Anandpur Sahib have rushed to the spot.
The inured were rushed to Civil hospital at Anandpur Sahib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what