Six pilgrims killed, 32 injured in mishap on HP-Punjab border
Anandpur Sahib: At least six pilgrims were killed while 32 others injured on Tuesday when the tractor trolley in which they were travelling fell into a gorge near here.
The driver of the tractor lost control over the vehicle near Sohila Ghorra area of Himachal Pradesh at Punjab-Himachal border and it fell into the gorge resulting in the death of six persons, including three women, while 32 other sustained injuries, police said.
The pilgrims, residents of Nangal Khurd village of Ludhiana district, were returning towards Anandpur Sahib to participate in Hola Mohalla festival after paying obeisance at Gurdwara Guru Ka Lahore in Himachal Pradesh.
Senior civil and police officials of Anandpur Sahib have rushed to the spot.
The inured were rushed to Civil hospital at Anandpur Sahib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people