Six pilgrims killed in road accident
Hoshiarpur: Six pilgrims were killed on Tuesday and at least thirty others got injured, some of them seriously, when a bus carrying them dashed against a tree near Mukerian in Hoshiarpur district.
The ill-fated bus carrying about forty pilgrims left Uklana Mandi in Hisar last night for the Vaisho Devi shrine.
When it reached Mukerian, the bus driver lost control over the vehicle and it dashed against the tree, police said.
The victims were identified as Madan Lal Singla (journalist), Maan Singh and Surjeet of village Bheri Akbarpur (Hisar), Satpal of village Bithmara (Hisar), Subhash Narang, resident of Uklana Mandi. One person could not be identified.
The injured include 10 women and children, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!