Six pilgrims killed in road accident
Hoshiarpur: Six pilgrims were killed on Tuesday and at least thirty others got injured, some of them seriously, when a bus carrying them dashed against a tree near Mukerian in Hoshiarpur district.
The ill-fated bus carrying about forty pilgrims left Uklana Mandi in Hisar last night for the Vaisho Devi shrine.
When it reached Mukerian, the bus driver lost control over the vehicle and it dashed against the tree, police said.
The victims were identified as Madan Lal Singla (journalist), Maan Singh and Surjeet of village Bheri Akbarpur (Hisar), Satpal of village Bithmara (Hisar), Subhash Narang, resident of Uklana Mandi. One person could not be identified.
The injured include 10 women and children, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof