Six robbers arrested with arms and ammunition
Phagwara: A gang of robbers was busted with the arrest of its six members and several arms and ammunitions seized from their possession, police said .
The arrested robbers have been identified as Onkar Singh of Rawalpindi, Baljinder Singh and Talwinder Singh, both from Nangal Majha, Munish Kumar and Sukhwinder Kumar of Khalwara villages and Ranjit Singh of local Ranjit Nagar area, Phagwara SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
Acting on a tip off, police party headed by Sub-Inspector Didar Singh, arrested the robbers from near Radha Swami Satsang Ghar on Phagwara Byepass yesterday, Khakh said.
Two pistols, two live cartridges and some sharp edged weapons were recovered from their possession, he said.
Khakh claimed that several cases of robberies were likely to be cracked during interrogation of the robbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch