Six robbers arrested with arms and ammunition
Phagwara: A gang of robbers was busted with the arrest of its six members and several arms and ammunitions seized from their possession, police said .
The arrested robbers have been identified as Onkar Singh of Rawalpindi, Baljinder Singh and Talwinder Singh, both from Nangal Majha, Munish Kumar and Sukhwinder Kumar of Khalwara villages and Ranjit Singh of local Ranjit Nagar area, Phagwara SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
Acting on a tip off, police party headed by Sub-Inspector Didar Singh, arrested the robbers from near Radha Swami Satsang Ghar on Phagwara Byepass yesterday, Khakh said.
Two pistols, two live cartridges and some sharp edged weapons were recovered from their possession, he said.
Khakh claimed that several cases of robberies were likely to be cracked during interrogation of the robbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional