Slain ex-MLA`s brother booked for attempting to murder kin
Moga: Punjab police on Sunday booked brother of slain former MLA Malkit Singh Keetu for allegedly attempting to murder and threaten his kin.
Karam Singh, brother of slain former Akali Dal MLA Keetu, allegedly attempted to murder the two children of Kulwant Singh Kanta, adopted son of the deceased Akali leader, police said.
Karam also threatened them with dire consequences if they appeared in court against his three nephews -- Jaspreet, Harpreet and Gurpreet -- reportedly involved in Keetu`s murder last year, police said.
Karam, who has been booked under various sections including Indian Penal Code (IPC) section 307 for attempt to murder, is absconding, police said.
The complainant Jatinder Singh, brother of Kulwant Singh Kanta, alleged that Karam had yesterday threatened them of dire consequences if they deposed in court case against the three accused nephews.
The trio was involved in the murder of the late MLA who was shot dead last October at his Bilaspur village residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown