Slain ex-MLA`s brother booked for attempting to murder kin
Moga: Punjab police on Sunday booked brother of slain former MLA Malkit Singh Keetu for allegedly attempting to murder and threaten his kin.
Karam Singh, brother of slain former Akali Dal MLA Keetu, allegedly attempted to murder the two children of Kulwant Singh Kanta, adopted son of the deceased Akali leader, police said.
Karam also threatened them with dire consequences if they appeared in court against his three nephews -- Jaspreet, Harpreet and Gurpreet -- reportedly involved in Keetu`s murder last year, police said.
Karam, who has been booked under various sections including Indian Penal Code (IPC) section 307 for attempt to murder, is absconding, police said.
The complainant Jatinder Singh, brother of Kulwant Singh Kanta, alleged that Karam had yesterday threatened them of dire consequences if they deposed in court case against the three accused nephews.
The trio was involved in the murder of the late MLA who was shot dead last October at his Bilaspur village residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now