Sonia concerned over security of Sikhs abroad: Cong MLA
Patiala: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi is concerned over the security of Sikhs in the US and has advised the Prime minister and External Affairs Ministry to take up the matter with the country`s administration, Congress MLA from Patiala (Rural) Brahm Mohindra said.
Speaking at the bhog ceremony (rituals) of Subegh Singh, one of the six victims of the Oak Creek Gurudwara shooting in the US, at Rattangarh village here, Mohindra said the UPA government has asked the Obama administration to ensure security of Sikhs.
Six Sikh worshippers, including four Indian nationals, were killed when a white supremacist went on a shooting rampage inside the Gurudwara on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan