Sonia concerned over security of Sikhs abroad: Cong MLA
Patiala: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi is concerned over the security of Sikhs in the US and has advised the Prime minister and External Affairs Ministry to take up the matter with the country`s administration, Congress MLA from Patiala (Rural) Brahm Mohindra said.
Speaking at the bhog ceremony (rituals) of Subegh Singh, one of the six victims of the Oak Creek Gurudwara shooting in the US, at Rattangarh village here, Mohindra said the UPA government has asked the Obama administration to ensure security of Sikhs.
Six Sikh worshippers, including four Indian nationals, were killed when a white supremacist went on a shooting rampage inside the Gurudwara on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air