Sonia concerned over security of Sikhs abroad: Cong MLA
Patiala: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi is concerned over the security of Sikhs in the US and has advised the Prime minister and External Affairs Ministry to take up the matter with the country`s administration, Congress MLA from Patiala (Rural) Brahm Mohindra said.
Speaking at the bhog ceremony (rituals) of Subegh Singh, one of the six victims of the Oak Creek Gurudwara shooting in the US, at Rattangarh village here, Mohindra said the UPA government has asked the Obama administration to ensure security of Sikhs.
Six Sikh worshippers, including four Indian nationals, were killed when a white supremacist went on a shooting rampage inside the Gurudwara on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...