Spl court allows Amarinder to travel abroad
Mohali: A special court today allowed former
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, facing trial in a graft
case, to visit foreign countries from Thursday.
Accepting Amarinder`s plea, Special Judge S K Garg
granted him permission visiting Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Thailand
on furnishing it with personal bond of Rs 5 lakh and a surety
of the same amount.
Amarinder is facing trial in a high-profile graft and
criminal case pertaining to Amritsar Improvement Trust (AIT)
The Congress stalwart, who was present in the court, had
produced personal bond to get clearance for his scheduled
visit to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Thailand from April 15 to May
On April 10, the court had reserved order after the
arguments were concluded. Strongly opposing the plea,
attributing it as an "attempt to escape", the prosecution had
apprehended that the former CM would not return back to face
His counsel submitted that Amarinder wants to visit
abroad for release of his latest book and other requirements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations