Spl court allows Amarinder to travel abroad
Mohali: A special court today allowed former
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, facing trial in a graft
case, to visit foreign countries from Thursday.
Accepting Amarinder`s plea, Special Judge S K Garg
granted him permission visiting Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Thailand
on furnishing it with personal bond of Rs 5 lakh and a surety
of the same amount.
Amarinder is facing trial in a high-profile graft and
criminal case pertaining to Amritsar Improvement Trust (AIT)
The Congress stalwart, who was present in the court, had
produced personal bond to get clearance for his scheduled
visit to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Thailand from April 15 to May
On April 10, the court had reserved order after the
arguments were concluded. Strongly opposing the plea,
attributing it as an "attempt to escape", the prosecution had
apprehended that the former CM would not return back to face
His counsel submitted that Amarinder wants to visit
abroad for release of his latest book and other requirements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’