Spurious liquor kills 15 people in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: At least 15 people were killed and nearly 15 took ill after consuming spurious country liquor in a village in Punjab`s Hoshiarpur district, police said Thursday.
The liquor was consumed late Wednesday night in Kaalwan village near Tanda town, about 160 km from here. The victims belonged to Kaalwan, Miyani and Giljian villages.
Around 15 people were rushed to government hospitals in Tanda, Dasuya and Hoshiarpur for treatment. Their condition was said to be serious.
The police raided various places, including the premises where the liquor was prepared. The liquor was being sold illegally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred