Spurious liquor kills 15 people in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: At least 15 people were killed and nearly 15 took ill after consuming spurious country liquor in a village in Punjab`s Hoshiarpur district, police said Thursday.
The liquor was consumed late Wednesday night in Kaalwan village near Tanda town, about 160 km from here. The victims belonged to Kaalwan, Miyani and Giljian villages.
Around 15 people were rushed to government hospitals in Tanda, Dasuya and Hoshiarpur for treatment. Their condition was said to be serious.
The police raided various places, including the premises where the liquor was prepared. The liquor was being sold illegally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH