Spurious liquor kills 15 people in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: At least 15 people were killed and nearly 15 took ill after consuming spurious country liquor in a village in Punjab`s Hoshiarpur district, police said Thursday.
The liquor was consumed late Wednesday night in Kaalwan village near Tanda town, about 160 km from here. The victims belonged to Kaalwan, Miyani and Giljian villages.
Around 15 people were rushed to government hospitals in Tanda, Dasuya and Hoshiarpur for treatment. Their condition was said to be serious.
The police raided various places, including the premises where the liquor was prepared. The liquor was being sold illegally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi