Srinagar`s oldest citizen dies at 106
Srinagar: The oldest man in the city died on Thursday at the age of 106 years.
Muhammad Siddiq Parray breathed his last early this morning at the Shivpora residence of his eldest son, Ghulam Qadir.
Parray, who had lived through the times of two Dogra Maharajas -- Pratap Singh and Hari Singh, was witness to a century of Kashmir`s political history.
Born in 1907, he had served in the revenue department. He retired in 1963 as the Office Superintendent of the Revenue Training College and was known to be humble and helpful. His death has been widely mourned.
He is survived by six sons and three daughters, five of whom are settled in the United States, where he himself spent many years.
His body was laid to rest at the Gupkar graveyard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch