Srinagar`s oldest citizen dies at 106
Srinagar: The oldest man in the city died on Thursday at the age of 106 years.
Muhammad Siddiq Parray breathed his last early this morning at the Shivpora residence of his eldest son, Ghulam Qadir.
Parray, who had lived through the times of two Dogra Maharajas -- Pratap Singh and Hari Singh, was witness to a century of Kashmir`s political history.
Born in 1907, he had served in the revenue department. He retired in 1963 as the Office Superintendent of the Revenue Training College and was known to be humble and helpful. His death has been widely mourned.
He is survived by six sons and three daughters, five of whom are settled in the United States, where he himself spent many years.
His body was laid to rest at the Gupkar graveyard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?