Stage set for MC elections in Punjab tomorrow
Amritsar: The stage has been set for the second phase of election to the Municipal Corporations in Punjab on Sunday amidst tight security.
The second phase of the civic polls will be held in Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Patiala where the fight will be direct between the major political parties SAD-BJP combine and the opposition Congress.
Rebel candidates of Congress, BJP and SAD will also be out to test their strength in various wards.
BJP`s Amritsar MP, Navjot Singh Sidhu had been holding several public meetings to garner support for his party candidates.
Amritsar District Election Officer-cum-Deputy Commissioner Rajat Agarwal said that all voters who have been issued voter ID cards will have to produce these cards to exercise their franchise.
Other valid identity proofs can also be shown by the voters whose names are registered in case they do not have voter ID cards, he said.
In the first phase, Nagar Panchayats and three Municipal Councils went to the polls on Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!