Stage set for MC elections in Punjab tomorrow
Amritsar: The stage has been set for the second phase of election to the Municipal Corporations in Punjab on Sunday amidst tight security.
The second phase of the civic polls will be held in Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Patiala where the fight will be direct between the major political parties SAD-BJP combine and the opposition Congress.
Rebel candidates of Congress, BJP and SAD will also be out to test their strength in various wards.
BJP`s Amritsar MP, Navjot Singh Sidhu had been holding several public meetings to garner support for his party candidates.
Amritsar District Election Officer-cum-Deputy Commissioner Rajat Agarwal said that all voters who have been issued voter ID cards will have to produce these cards to exercise their franchise.
Other valid identity proofs can also be shown by the voters whose names are registered in case they do not have voter ID cards, he said.
In the first phase, Nagar Panchayats and three Municipal Councils went to the polls on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal