State Police Reforms will be our top priority: Manpreet Badal
Chandigarh: Breaking away from Akali Dal Badal and launching his own party is seen by many, an avaricious move by the former Finance Minister of Punjab, to usurp higher political standing in the state. But the four times MLA from Gidderbaha categorically refutes these charges.
Talking on a show, on Zee Punjabi to Gagan Deep Chauhan, Reporter and Producer of ‘Satsriakal Pradhan Ji’, Manpreet Badal says, “subsidy & debt policy has always been a big hurdle in the way of economic reforms and this leads to our break-up and I always opposed it in the interest of the state.” He further states, “It has potentially hampered the growth and development of Punjab on the economic front.”
When asked if he is against giving subsidy, Manpreet Badal clarifies, “I am not against subsidy but I wish it could be rationalized and not doled out free for all. However the government must encourage subsidy in the field of healthcare and education where it’s most needed”.
Getting candid and personal on the show he says, “I would have opted to serve the in the armed forces had I not joined politics, since service to the nation has always been high on my agenda.”
Equipped with a professional degree, Bar-at-Law from London, the President of newly formed ‘People’s Party of Punjab’ is confident to win in the forthcoming state assembly elections and says, “Our priority will be to bring reforms in the Police Administration by reinforcing chain of command, professionalism and immunity from political interference.” “It will ensure better law and order situation in the state desired for smooth and constructive development,” he concludes.
“Satsriakal Pradhan Ji is evincing strong response from viewers and politicians alike,” says upbeat Sanjay Vohra, Editor, Zee Punjabi, “as it provides space to political heavyweights from ruling and opposition parties with bias to none,” he concludes.
Watch Manpreet Badal this Sunday at 7.30 pm in Satsriakal Pradhan ji only on Zee Punjabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?