State vigilance bureau nabs DTO Moga in bribery case
Chandigarh: Punjab Vigilance Bureau today nabbed District Transport Officer (DTO) of Moga and his security guards while allegedly accepting bribe.
DTO Moga Gurtej Singh along with two constables Sukhjit Singh and Didar Singh posted as gunmen with the DTO, were arrested for allegedly demanding and accepting bribe of Rs 16,000 from a transporter Avtar Singh of Rampura Phool in Bathinda district, said Suresh Arora, the Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab, in a release here.
The bribe was taken from Avtar for avoiding traffic challans of his trucks by the accused, Arora said adding that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that the DTO was demanding monthly bribe from him for not penalising his trucks in return.
He told the Bureau that already Rs 16,000 was paid to the DTO as bribe, but he was demanding more.
After investigation, a team from the Bureau laid a trap and the accused were nabbed near Moga.
The bribe money was recovered from them, Arora said and added, a case under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered at Vigilance Bureau, Flying Squad Police Station, Ajitgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed