State vigilance bureau nabs DTO Moga in bribery case
Chandigarh: Punjab Vigilance Bureau today nabbed District Transport Officer (DTO) of Moga and his security guards while allegedly accepting bribe.
DTO Moga Gurtej Singh along with two constables Sukhjit Singh and Didar Singh posted as gunmen with the DTO, were arrested for allegedly demanding and accepting bribe of Rs 16,000 from a transporter Avtar Singh of Rampura Phool in Bathinda district, said Suresh Arora, the Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab, in a release here.
The bribe was taken from Avtar for avoiding traffic challans of his trucks by the accused, Arora said adding that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that the DTO was demanding monthly bribe from him for not penalising his trucks in return.
He told the Bureau that already Rs 16,000 was paid to the DTO as bribe, but he was demanding more.
After investigation, a team from the Bureau laid a trap and the accused were nabbed near Moga.
The bribe money was recovered from them, Arora said and added, a case under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered at Vigilance Bureau, Flying Squad Police Station, Ajitgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?