Student caught with pistol in Amritsar school
Amritsar: A class VII student of a private school here in the city created panic on Saturday when he was allegedly found in possession of a pistol by the school authorities, police said.
The incident took place in the DAV Public School when the student was showing a 9.Mm calibre automatic pistol to his fellow students who were terrified and raised alarm, they said.
Later, the matter was immediately brought to the notice of the school principal, who took no time to call the police in the school.
The police reached the spot and took away the pistol from the boy, who is the son of police head constable Balram Singh.
Departmental action has been initiated against Singh as per the Punjab Police Service rules while the further investigations are on into the incident, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray