Student gang raped, five booked
Hoshiarpur: A 12th standard student of a
government school near here was gang raped and five students
of the same school were booked in connection with the
incident, police said on Thursday.
Accused Ranbir Singh, Bhupinder Singh, Rakesh Kumar,
Maninder Pal and Kishan Lal, all students of Government Senior
Secondary School, Jalowal, were booked under different
sections of the IPC last night for allegedly raping the
17-year-old girl in the school canteen on January 7,they said.
In her complaint to police, the victim, a resident
Saidpur, said the five accused stopped her wielding a dagger
when she was leaving the institute after school hours on a
bicycle. They then dragged her to a room in the canteen and
raped her, she alleged.
Police said the culprits threatened the victim not tell
anyone about the incident.
No arrest have been made so far, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation