Student gang raped, five booked
Hoshiarpur: A 12th standard student of a
government school near here was gang raped and five students
of the same school were booked in connection with the
incident, police said on Thursday.
Accused Ranbir Singh, Bhupinder Singh, Rakesh Kumar,
Maninder Pal and Kishan Lal, all students of Government Senior
Secondary School, Jalowal, were booked under different
sections of the IPC last night for allegedly raping the
17-year-old girl in the school canteen on January 7,they said.
In her complaint to police, the victim, a resident
Saidpur, said the five accused stopped her wielding a dagger
when she was leaving the institute after school hours on a
bicycle. They then dragged her to a room in the canteen and
raped her, she alleged.
Police said the culprits threatened the victim not tell
anyone about the incident.
No arrest have been made so far, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise