Sukhbir Badal meets PM
New Delhi: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singhm with demands for liberal allocation of gas for power projects
in the state.
"Punjab is farthest from coalfields so we should get liberal gas allocation for power plants in the state," Badal told reporters.
Badal met Singh at the latter`s office in Parliament this afternoon.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had met
Petroleum Minister Murli Deora yesterday and urged him to
allocate 4.5 million metric standard cubic meter gas per day
at the government administrative price from the National Gas
Grid via Dadri-Nangal pipeline for the proposed 1000 MW
gas-based power plant being set up at Ropar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan