Sukhbir demands JPC probe into UPA`s loan waiver scheme
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal president and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Tuesday demanded a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into the alleged scam in the Congress-led UPA`s loan waiver scheme for farmers.
The CAG had found irregularities in the scheme, where farmers` loans worth Rs 60,000 crore were waived.
Badal said the loan waiver scheme is the biggest misnomer of century and was designed to fool the country`s peasantry besides looting the exchequer.
Responding to media queries while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain in Drauli Bhai village, Badal said the loan waiver scheme was a twin purpose political gesture of the Congress on the eve of the 2009 LS polls.
The Congress not only made money out of this scheme but also came back to power by deceiving farmers, he claimed.
Describing the Congress as the "fountainhead of black money and corruption" in the country, Badal said this was a mega scam related to farmers, the backbone of Indian economy.
He alleged that the Congress has stashed away ill-gotten money worth lakhs of crores from a series of scams in tax havens abroad and using it to fund election campaigns.
"This is why, the Congress has dragged its feet on the issue of revealing the names of those who have accounts in Swiss banks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM