Sukhbir demands JPC probe into UPA`s loan waiver scheme
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal president and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Tuesday demanded a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into the alleged scam in the Congress-led UPA`s loan waiver scheme for farmers.
The CAG had found irregularities in the scheme, where farmers` loans worth Rs 60,000 crore were waived.
Badal said the loan waiver scheme is the biggest misnomer of century and was designed to fool the country`s peasantry besides looting the exchequer.
Responding to media queries while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain in Drauli Bhai village, Badal said the loan waiver scheme was a twin purpose political gesture of the Congress on the eve of the 2009 LS polls.
The Congress not only made money out of this scheme but also came back to power by deceiving farmers, he claimed.
Describing the Congress as the "fountainhead of black money and corruption" in the country, Badal said this was a mega scam related to farmers, the backbone of Indian economy.
He alleged that the Congress has stashed away ill-gotten money worth lakhs of crores from a series of scams in tax havens abroad and using it to fund election campaigns.
"This is why, the Congress has dragged its feet on the issue of revealing the names of those who have accounts in Swiss banks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India