Sukhbir demands JPC probe into UPA`s loan waiver scheme
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal president and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Tuesday demanded a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into the alleged scam in the Congress-led UPA`s loan waiver scheme for farmers.
The CAG had found irregularities in the scheme, where farmers` loans worth Rs 60,000 crore were waived.
Badal said the loan waiver scheme is the biggest misnomer of century and was designed to fool the country`s peasantry besides looting the exchequer.
Responding to media queries while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain in Drauli Bhai village, Badal said the loan waiver scheme was a twin purpose political gesture of the Congress on the eve of the 2009 LS polls.
The Congress not only made money out of this scheme but also came back to power by deceiving farmers, he claimed.
Describing the Congress as the "fountainhead of black money and corruption" in the country, Badal said this was a mega scam related to farmers, the backbone of Indian economy.
He alleged that the Congress has stashed away ill-gotten money worth lakhs of crores from a series of scams in tax havens abroad and using it to fund election campaigns.
"This is why, the Congress has dragged its feet on the issue of revealing the names of those who have accounts in Swiss banks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert