Sukhbir dismisses EVM hacking charge
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday rubbished the charge of the Congress that EVMs were hacked in this year`s state assembly election, terming the allegation as a case of sour grapes.
"Whether it is Punjab Vidhan Sabha or Gujarat polls or the Delhi Gurdwara elections, people have voted for the NDA punishing the Congress for scams and a record hike in prices of essential commodities," he told reporters here.
The result of the upcoming Moga assemby bypoll was a foregone conclusion and the Congress citing defects in EVMs was looking for excuses to justify their imminent defeat in the byelection, Badal said.
"No force under the sun can save the Congress from the overwhelming anger of the people in Moga bypoll," he said.
"If the Congress is so confident of its victory in Moga, then why every leader is rushing to Manpreet with a begging bowl," Badal asked.
On deployment of Central forces for the Moga bypoll, Badal said "let the Congress seek deployment of the Indian Army or the US Army or the UN Force, they cannot stop the electorate from exercising their mandate in favour of the SAD-BJP."
He said the allegation of the Congress that EVMs were hacked in this year`s state assembly election was a case of sour grapes.
On election of the new head of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara
Management Committee, the SAD chief said "there is a laid down procedure and the process will take 15 to 20 days."
On the likelihood of an inquiry against outgoing DSGMC president Parmjit Singh Sarna, Badal said the new Committee would take a call on this.
On projection of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate, Badal said the NDA would take a collective call in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers