Sukhbir dismisses EVM hacking charge
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday rubbished the charge of the Congress that EVMs were hacked in this year`s state assembly election, terming the allegation as a case of sour grapes.
"Whether it is Punjab Vidhan Sabha or Gujarat polls or the Delhi Gurdwara elections, people have voted for the NDA punishing the Congress for scams and a record hike in prices of essential commodities," he told reporters here.
The result of the upcoming Moga assemby bypoll was a foregone conclusion and the Congress citing defects in EVMs was looking for excuses to justify their imminent defeat in the byelection, Badal said.
"No force under the sun can save the Congress from the overwhelming anger of the people in Moga bypoll," he said.
"If the Congress is so confident of its victory in Moga, then why every leader is rushing to Manpreet with a begging bowl," Badal asked.
On deployment of Central forces for the Moga bypoll, Badal said "let the Congress seek deployment of the Indian Army or the US Army or the UN Force, they cannot stop the electorate from exercising their mandate in favour of the SAD-BJP."
He said the allegation of the Congress that EVMs were hacked in this year`s state assembly election was a case of sour grapes.
On election of the new head of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara
Management Committee, the SAD chief said "there is a laid down procedure and the process will take 15 to 20 days."
On the likelihood of an inquiry against outgoing DSGMC president Parmjit Singh Sarna, Badal said the new Committee would take a call on this.
On projection of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate, Badal said the NDA would take a collective call in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months