Sukhbir dismisses EVM hacking charge
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday rubbished the charge of the Congress that EVMs were hacked in this year`s state assembly election, terming the allegation as a case of sour grapes.
"Whether it is Punjab Vidhan Sabha or Gujarat polls or the Delhi Gurdwara elections, people have voted for the NDA punishing the Congress for scams and a record hike in prices of essential commodities," he told reporters here.
The result of the upcoming Moga assemby bypoll was a foregone conclusion and the Congress citing defects in EVMs was looking for excuses to justify their imminent defeat in the byelection, Badal said.
"No force under the sun can save the Congress from the overwhelming anger of the people in Moga bypoll," he said.
"If the Congress is so confident of its victory in Moga, then why every leader is rushing to Manpreet with a begging bowl," Badal asked.
On deployment of Central forces for the Moga bypoll, Badal said "let the Congress seek deployment of the Indian Army or the US Army or the UN Force, they cannot stop the electorate from exercising their mandate in favour of the SAD-BJP."
He said the allegation of the Congress that EVMs were hacked in this year`s state assembly election was a case of sour grapes.
On election of the new head of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara
Management Committee, the SAD chief said "there is a laid down procedure and the process will take 15 to 20 days."
On the likelihood of an inquiry against outgoing DSGMC president Parmjit Singh Sarna, Badal said the new Committee would take a call on this.
On projection of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate, Badal said the NDA would take a collective call in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery