Sukhbir puts `big ticket` projects on fast track
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday put major infrastructure projects on
fast-track constituting a high-level committee under the Chief
Secretary to ensure their time-bound completion.
Presiding over a high-level meeting of Administrative
Secretaries here, the Deputy CM said the SAD-BJP Government
has come to power with a promise to make Punjab most
favourite investment destination by assuring world class
infrastructure besides 24 hours quality power supply.
He said it was his personal commitment to the people of
Punjab that all `big ticket` projects including thermal
plants, road infrastructure project, industrial parks, textile
park, educational institutes, would be completed in a
time-bound and most professional manner.
He constituted a seven-member committee headed by the
Chief Secretary that would include secretaries of Civil
Aviation, PWD, Finance, PIDB, Housing, Industry and Local
Government that would review the progress of every project and
remove problems coming in the way of their timely completion.
Seeking fixed deadlines for completion of every project
in the check list, Badal said that these deadlines would be
sacrosanct for him and it was imperative for the committee to
work out a system to meet these deadlines.
He said he would personally monitor these projects on a
Emphasising that the state government was keen to develop
the holy city of Amritsar as an international tourist
destination, Badal asked the Principal Secretary Tourism to
submit a plan of action in this regard.
He said Amritsar has great potential as it was all set to
become a business hub of North India with the inauguration of
Rs 110 crore integrated check post at Attari border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India