Sukhbir puts `big ticket` projects on fast track
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday put major infrastructure projects on
fast-track constituting a high-level committee under the Chief
Secretary to ensure their time-bound completion.
Presiding over a high-level meeting of Administrative
Secretaries here, the Deputy CM said the SAD-BJP Government
has come to power with a promise to make Punjab most
favourite investment destination by assuring world class
infrastructure besides 24 hours quality power supply.
He said it was his personal commitment to the people of
Punjab that all `big ticket` projects including thermal
plants, road infrastructure project, industrial parks, textile
park, educational institutes, would be completed in a
time-bound and most professional manner.
He constituted a seven-member committee headed by the
Chief Secretary that would include secretaries of Civil
Aviation, PWD, Finance, PIDB, Housing, Industry and Local
Government that would review the progress of every project and
remove problems coming in the way of their timely completion.
Seeking fixed deadlines for completion of every project
in the check list, Badal said that these deadlines would be
sacrosanct for him and it was imperative for the committee to
work out a system to meet these deadlines.
He said he would personally monitor these projects on a
Emphasising that the state government was keen to develop
the holy city of Amritsar as an international tourist
destination, Badal asked the Principal Secretary Tourism to
submit a plan of action in this regard.
He said Amritsar has great potential as it was all set to
become a business hub of North India with the inauguration of
Rs 110 crore integrated check post at Attari border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves