Sukhbir Singh Badal re-elected SAD President
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal was on Tuesday elected President of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal here for a second successive term.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was elected unanimously as the patron of the party.
The general delegates` session of Shiromani Akali Dal took place here in which the delegates elected the party president and other office-bearers.
Sukhbir`s name as SAD President was proposed by the party`s senior Vice President Ranjit Singh Brahmpura and endorsed by party Secretary General Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa.
Sukhbir is functioning as the President of the party since January 31, 2008.
Sukhbir thanked the party leadership, particularly the senior leaders and party workers and sought their blessings and cooperation in future too.
"Sukhbir Badal not only led the party through difficult times to steer it to the corridors of governmental responsibility in 2007 but also helped it to perform the feat of back-to-back victories in the Punjab assembly elections", a resolution adopted at the meeting said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'