Sukhbir Singh Badal re-elected SAD President
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal was on Tuesday elected President of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal here for a second successive term.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was elected unanimously as the patron of the party.
The general delegates` session of Shiromani Akali Dal took place here in which the delegates elected the party president and other office-bearers.
Sukhbir`s name as SAD President was proposed by the party`s senior Vice President Ranjit Singh Brahmpura and endorsed by party Secretary General Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa.
Sukhbir is functioning as the President of the party since January 31, 2008.
Sukhbir thanked the party leadership, particularly the senior leaders and party workers and sought their blessings and cooperation in future too.
"Sukhbir Badal not only led the party through difficult times to steer it to the corridors of governmental responsibility in 2007 but also helped it to perform the feat of back-to-back victories in the Punjab assembly elections", a resolution adopted at the meeting said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days