Sukhbir Singh Badal re-elected SAD President
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal was on Tuesday elected President of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal here for a second successive term.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was elected unanimously as the patron of the party.
The general delegates` session of Shiromani Akali Dal took place here in which the delegates elected the party president and other office-bearers.
Sukhbir`s name as SAD President was proposed by the party`s senior Vice President Ranjit Singh Brahmpura and endorsed by party Secretary General Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa.
Sukhbir is functioning as the President of the party since January 31, 2008.
Sukhbir thanked the party leadership, particularly the senior leaders and party workers and sought their blessings and cooperation in future too.
"Sukhbir Badal not only led the party through difficult times to steer it to the corridors of governmental responsibility in 2007 but also helped it to perform the feat of back-to-back victories in the Punjab assembly elections", a resolution adopted at the meeting said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins