Sukhbir Singh Badal re-elected SAD President
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal was on Tuesday elected President of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal here for a second successive term.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was elected unanimously as the patron of the party.
The general delegates` session of Shiromani Akali Dal took place here in which the delegates elected the party president and other office-bearers.
Sukhbir`s name as SAD President was proposed by the party`s senior Vice President Ranjit Singh Brahmpura and endorsed by party Secretary General Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa.
Sukhbir is functioning as the President of the party since January 31, 2008.
Sukhbir thanked the party leadership, particularly the senior leaders and party workers and sought their blessings and cooperation in future too.
"Sukhbir Badal not only led the party through difficult times to steer it to the corridors of governmental responsibility in 2007 but also helped it to perform the feat of back-to-back victories in the Punjab assembly elections", a resolution adopted at the meeting said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok